Attendance at Fulton County
Tips to Improve Attendance
- Make your child’s education a family priority.
- Tell your child how important his/her education is to you.
- Insist that your child attends school and does their homework.
- Understand your child’s school attendance policy.
- Make sure your child obeys curfew laws and gets plenty of sleep at night.
- Buy your child an alarm clock.
- Tell your child that you love him/her and give him/her hugs on a regular basis.
- Do not enable your child by calling the school to cover for illegitimate absences.
- If your child does not want to attend, find out why. Talk to your child and listen for an answer. If there is a problem, try to solve it together.
- If your child refuses to go to school, do not be afraid to ask for help. Talk to school staff to find out if your child has a problem and what resources are available to you.
- Advocate for your child in the school system.
- Encouraging regular school attendance is one of the most powerful ways you can prepare your child for success—both in school and in life.